Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lesbians, Swords, Inspiration, YA SciFi, Little Steven

DVD

L Word: the complete third season starring Pam Grier. Revisit the tightly-knit circle of freinds in Los Angeles' lesbian community as they struggle to make sense of a world filled with love, children, tattoos, families, weddings, funerals, the 'c-word', and sometimes even men.
The first and second season of L-Word check out pretty well so I figure I'll end up getting all the seasons.

Little Steven's Underground Garage

Episode 399: Thanksgiving '09. I'm listening to last Saturday's show. Songs with "bird" are being featured, including Morris Day and The Beatles. You'll likely need to log in first to listen.

AudioBooks

Eldest by Christopher Paolini. 20 CDs at 23 hours, 27 minutes. Maybe this is a replacement.

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Not sure where this came from, I thought we had it already.

Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. How do you steal lightning? Listen and let me know. No, don't let me know. I don't really care.

Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan. Oh. This is that series with Gods and demigods and other mythological stuff thrown into the present day with teenaged characters.

Feed by M.T. Anderson. I read this for the high school's book club. The next book club meeting is discussing something like Pride and Prejudice so I won't be there unless I read the zombie version.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Lightning Thief movie is coming out in February - I've ordered second copies of the whole series, which I should have done a while ago...they're very popular!