Friday, April 29, 2011

Is Ray Davies a Genius? Yes.

Music on CD

See my Friends by Ray Davies. Ray Davies re-records several of his songs with other acts. Including: Bruce Springsteen, Metallica, Black Francis, Alex Chilton.

Paper Airplane by Alison Krauss and Union Station. I think I mentioned before that Krauss and I were in the same high school graduation class. I still have no recollection of Krauss aside from that time in the lunchroom when she gave the bird to a friend of mine. I think she spent a lot of time away from school fiddling.



Philharmonics by Agnes Obel. I embedded a song by this gal before. Here it is again. This CD has to go back to processing because the spine label reads "Anges".




Complete Hit Singles by Three Dog Night. Our last copy broke.

Halcyon Digest by Deerhunter. No idea who these guys are. I have not even heard the following song, I'm just sticking it into the post. This also has to be reprocessed; the spine reads "Have You Digest".



Collapse Into Now by R.E.M.



Lullaby by Celtic Women. More singing by Irish chicks.

Fiction

Bel-Air Dead by Ghost Writer [Stuart Woods].

NonFiction

How They Croaked: the awful ends of the awfully famous by Georgia Bragg. Edgar Allen Poe did not die in the gutter? He died in a hospital? Possibly of rabies? I am shattered. Shadoobie.

No comments: