Thursday, February 28, 2008

Music: a couple "Best of '07", Steve Earl's wife, some goofy guys

Rock
Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon. Listed on several Best of 2007 lists. Catchy tunes from Austin, TX.

Wincing the Night Away by The Shins. Another of the Best of 2007. Dudes from New Mexico (I think).

The Black and White Album by The Hives. How did I miss ordering this before? Garage rock (according to Little Steven) via Sweden. Good stuff.

It Is Time For A Love Revolution by Lenny Kravitz.

Jazz
Nightmoves by Kurt Elling. Jazz vocalist Elling has a silly beard and wide acclaim. A Gustavus graduate.

Country
16 Biggest Hits by Alan Jackson. I need to buy more country music. Jackson's albums have circulated very well.

Mockingbird by Allison Moorer. Please tell me how fat, old Steve Earl married this gal. I know it's none of my business but I'm still curious about it. Earle plays guitar on one song. Moorer wrote one song and chose the rest. Nice singing voice that Moorer gal has.

Goofy Guys
Super Taranta! by Gogol Bordello. I have no idea what this is about. Some sort of rock n' roll performance art. Someone mentioned them to me in the bar at Tyranena. I need to get out more.

No comments: