Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tommy Lee Jones as Dave Robicheaux

DVD

In the Electric Mist starring Tommy Lee Jones, John Goodman. Deputy Sheriff dave Robicheaux investigates some murders while dealing with a visiting film crew and a New Orleans gangster visiting town.
What can I say? The book, In the Electric Mist with the Confederate Dead by James Lee Burke, is quite good. Tommy Lee Jones is probably good casting. John Goodman is always good, although I imagine the book's fleet-footed character would have to change a bit for the movie. I usually do not get uptight about when a film based on a novel changes things around. I reckon the film makers have to do that to keep the story flowing and cap it at two hours or less.
Bill Crider watched this but I did not read his comments; I did not want his observations to color my own viewing.

Kid Movies

Escape to Witch Mountain starring [interchangeable Disney kids] and Eddie Albert. A new DVD release of the original flick to coincide with remake's release.

Wizards of Waverly Place starring [interchangeable Disney kids].

Ella Enchanted starring Anne Hathaway. A replacement for a lost or broken copy.

No comments: