Monday, November 23, 2009

Cranberry Bread (for Me), Sarah Palin (for You)

Cranberry Bread

Carolyn made cranberry bread.




Coffee

I made coffee.



Music CDs

I Told You I Was Freaky by Flight of the Conchords. Kiwis sings songs. I watched part of an episode of their show. It was boring. Stephanie the Library Assistant said she likes the show.

Southern Voice by Tim McGraw. Guy in hat and white t-shirt sings songs.

Kiss and Tell by Selena Gomez. Disney Channel "tweener" sings songs.

Ghost Written Fiction

The Wrecker by Clive Cussler and Justin Scott. Cussler is admirable in giving the other guy credit.

I, Alex Cross by James Patterson. Patterson is also good about giving ghost writers credit. But, no one else is listed on the cover or the LOC cataloging info so I suppose he did this one himself.

Ghost Written NonFiction

Going Rogue: an American life by Sarah Palin. What's the deal with her former son-in-law to-be? That guy's behavior has been sleazy. I thought about being "snarky" and listing this under Ghost Written Fiction. Hey, it is a political memoir after all.

AudioBooks on CD

Last Song by Nichols Sparks. 11 CDs at 12 hours. Yuch.

A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve. 8 CDs at 9 hours. My first reaction is "Yuch." Hhowever, the novel is set in Africa and Mount Kenya so my second reaction is, "Eh."

Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. 14 Cds at 17.5 hours. I tell my kids, "If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all." I should follow my own advice.

Musical Interlude

More people should try out Teddy Thompson. We have three of his CDs.




The like the full band version better but could not embed it.

1 comment:

Stef said...

I guess I missed out on the awesome cranberry bread......