Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Some People Say A Christmas Wreath Should Be Removed by Ash Wednesday

I say, "That ladder is a hassle."

Internet Radio Stations

I don't listen to online radio as much as I used to. I still enjoy Little Steven's Underground Garage but don't listen to BBC6 nearly as much as I used to. I almost never listen to Australia national radio (ABC) or the Roots Rock Radio podcast anymore.

A favorite radio station of mine is WTKM out of Hartford, WI. Why? Because they play polka. Listening link here.

DVD

Fast Track starring Guysinshirtsiwthoutsleeves and Girlsinskimpydresses. Lee Goldberg (author of the Monk novels) was executive producer of this and seems really happy with the results. So I bought a copy for the Library. Plot: Kids race cars, wage money, and crash the cars.

Good Hair with Chris Rock. Straightened hair versus curly hair styles for black people. Chris Rock takes a look. That's good I suppose, I myself usually cannot remember what anyone has for hair.

Sometimes I'll play a game with myself called "What shirt am I wearing?" Without looking down I have to remember what shirt I am wearing that day. It can be tough.

Trailer Park Boys: the movie starring [Canadians]. I do not remember how I ran across this. Maybe a search for something else popped this up. I then looked at the web page and figured I should order it. The movie version of a Canadian television show set in a trailer park.

Drool School: family dog training by [some dog trainer who wanted to make a movie]. I don't remember how I found this either. I think I read a review. "Smart games, tricks, and commands for kids age 3 through 13, and timely tips for parents." Heck, we should shelve this downstairs in the kids section.

The Ministers starring John Leguizamo and Harvey Keitel. Some shoot-em-up murder mystery with religious overtones. This was advertised on television when the DVD came out. Leguizamo is such a dang good actor.

Downloading Nancy starring Maria Bello, Jason Patric, Rufus Sewell. Self-destructive and suicidal married woman has been carrying on numerous affairs and disappears. Her husband has to find out what happened. Creepy sex scenes included so you - yeah you - will want to watch it.

AudioBooks on CD

Vegas Sunrise by Fern Michaels. Michales audio titles check out well so I got this older title, third in a trilogy.

7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey. This will go out.

1 comment:

Lee Goldberg said...

Bless you for buying FAST TRACK for the library. You may be the only library in the country that has done so. You obviously have magnificent taste. I hope you enjoy it.

Lee