Friday, March 26, 2010

2 Novels, 2 DVDs, 7 CDs with Neil Finn and AC/DC

Music on CD

The Sun Came Out by 7 Worlds Collide. Neil Finn did a group concert a few years ago and called the resulting CD 7 Worlds Collide (I have it at home if you want to borrow it). So, Finn put together most of the same people again as a benefit CD for Oxfam. Included are Jeff Tweedy, Johnny Marr, KT Tunstall, assorted Finns, etc.

A Friend of A Friend by Dave Rawlings Machine. Why did I buy this? Must be because Gillian Welch is in the band. Kind of like I bought The Mighty Celt because Gillian Anderson is in that.

Michael Buble Meets Madison Square Garden by Michael Buble and a band. Buble has a nice voice but I have heard few of his songs. Hey! Did I mention that Chris Isaak has another show on TV? I caught it by chance the other day and Buble was on.

Some guy who stinks - STINKS - of stale cigarettes just came into the library.

Pictures by The Len Price 3. Great stuff.



Keeps Gettin' Better: a decade of hits by Christina Aguilera. Stuff.

Powerage by AC/DC. My quest for the full AC/DC catalog continues.

'74 Jailbreak by AC/DC. See? What did I tell you? This is just a five song EP from '84 when early, unreleased tracks were packaged for the U.S.

DVD

Ghostbusters 1 & 2 starring ][the cast]. I think a previous copy was mangled. Includes a fancy booklet.

Gigante starring [Uruguayans]. Shy security guard in Montevideo falls for the night time cleaning lady. Romantic comedy with stalking.



Fiction

Known to Evil by Walter Mosley. "A Leonic McGill Mystery". Mosley has written some great novels.

She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell. Romance.

No comments: