Lake Mills Library

L.D. Fargo Public Library in Lake Mills, WI 120 East Madison Street, Lake Mills, WI 53551 920.648.2166

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin, United States

Email any questions, comments, concerns, complaints, etc. to Library Director Gerard Saylor.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fifteen Music CDs with Peruvian Disco Music From Space

Music on CD

Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons. Yes. I know I'm late on this one.

Own Side Now by Catlin Rose. Gerard? Yes? Why did you buy this one? I don't recall.

Lady Killer by CeeLo Green. Yes, late again.

Bella by Teddy Thompson. No - Not Late At All! I bought this before the release date but we had trouble getting it on the shelf. So there. Thompson is playing in Madison tonight. I am unable to attend.



Commercial by Los Amigos Invisibles. The Peruvian Disco Band From Outer Space. They say they are from Venezuela but I do not believe it.



Different Gear, Still Speeding by Beady Eye. The left-over members of Oasis formed a band.

Endgame by Rise Against. Some band out of Chicago that circs well here. I read a pop reference to them recently.

21 by Adele. I bought this CD early as well. Hah!

Now That's What I Call Music 37 by [various bands]. Sixteen popular pop tunes I have never heard.

Kiss Each Other Clean by Iron and Wine. Gerard? What? Who are these guys? I have no freaking clue, but I saw them listed on a 6 Music playlist the other night.

Wow Hits 2011
by [various]. 30 songs on two CDs of popular gospel I have never heard. I bought a book about Christian rock a few years ago, Body Piercing Saved My Life.

Bright Morning Stars by the Wailin' Jennys. I bought a previous album called Firecracker. When I saw that Firecracker has good circs I ordered this one.

Mean Old Man by Jerry Lee Lewis. The Killer rerecords tunes with younger musicians. I heard - I think on The Underground Garage - that Lewis's previous album Last Man Standing came about because a wealthy fan thought it up and bankrolled the whole thing.

Kidz Bop 19 by [various]. Kids sing popular tunes. This product is Bieber free.

Disney Soundtrack Collection: classic hits by [various]. Another Disney re-hash and cash-in.

UPDATE: Every disc but Commercial and Kidz Bop was on hold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home