Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Seven Items of Pressed Wood Pulp with Dogs

Young Adult

Clarity by Kim Harrington. I usually don't list YA books but this was in the pile. Girl is clairvoyant. No dogs.

Fiction

Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy. Cover illustration is a painting with people and two dogs.

Betrayal by Fern Michaels. Ghost written? I'm wondering because Michaels cranks'em out. Author photo includes three dogs. One is a small poodle. My family had a toy poodle named Rex. Rex liked to lick. Lick, lick, lick like a snake. Lick, lick, lick. My aunt used to call Rex a lizard. Lick, lick, lick. Rex used to ride on my shoulder like a parrot.

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult. I tried reading a Picoult book but I never finished it. Dog status is unknown. My dog's status is HAIRY.

Large Print

Border Lords by T. Jefferson Parker. Like the regular print version but with larger font and a different cover design. The cover design incorporates the silhouette of a Beretta 92 for the L in Lords. Lame. This book has the bad guy taking in a stray mutt in Mexico.

Last Days of Ptolemy Grey by Walter Moseley. How do you pronounce Ptolemy? Mosley wrote a book entitled Walkin' the Dog. I did an image search on Google trying to find a photo of Mosley with a dog. No dice. I did find this near Mosley's name on Neil Gaiman's blog. Gaiman really seems to like his dog; he has dog photos all over his posts.

I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson. 1998 London has two life long David Cassidy fans finally getting to meet the former teen star. Was there a dog on that awful Partridge Family show?

No comments: