Monday, May 09, 2011

Three Novels: Juju City Home

Fiction

Bad Juju & Other Tales of Madness and Mayhem by Jonathan Woods. This has received several good reviews, Crider liked it. I've also read nice things about the cover. I don't like the cover. Woods poses with a teeny handgun for his author photo. Woods, what is that pistol anyway? (Huh, Anthony Neil Smith provided a blurb for the front. So did Scott Phillips.)

Tabloid City by Pete Hamill. Multiple characters in NYC after a murder. I read the reprint of Guns of Heaven and really liked it. I think I bought it at the bookstore in the Milwaukee Airport, I need to try and get there early next I pick up my in-laws.

The Year We Left by Jean Thompson. A sweeping and emotionally powerful story of a single American family during the tumultuous final decades of the twentieth century. Thompson has blurbs from Kirkus and Booklist and someone from O, The Oprah Magazine.

No comments: