Monday, July 18, 2011

Warped, Tavern Going Dragons Occupying Iraq for Geothermal Work

Fiction

A Dance of Dragons by George R.R. Martin. Book five in the series adapted into a SEAN BEAN vehicle by HBO.

NonFiction

The Smart Guide to Geothermal by Donal Blaise Lloyd. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's "green". Did you also know it saves a crap load of money? Lake Mills Middle School has a geothermal set-up and it is very neat-o.

Tavern League: portraits of Wisconsin Bars by Carl Corey. No Lake Mills representation. I gotta tell you though, some of the pictured people just look like bar owners. There is a location index in the back of the book but this is really crying out for a map. I was going to link to some online photos but the publisher does not have any good ones. You can watch the PBS NewsHour piece about the book.

Iraq War and Occupation: a struggle for democracy by D.C. Everest Area Schools. Oral history project edited by students in Weston, WI. Okay. I admit I was sneering at this book when I first saw it. I expected an amateurish publication. I just looked through and was impressed. I'll probably read this.

The Book of U.S. Government Jobs, 11th edition by Dennis V. Damp. I want a job in Australia with free airfare for my family, a nice house, and allowance for two cars. Nice cars, too. One of those souped up Holdens. And beer money. And allowance for four trips back to the U.S. per year. And two months vacation. And a gun license and ammo allowance so I can shoot IPSC.

Music on CD

Vans Warped Tour: 2011 featuring Paramoure and 49 other bands that I never heard of.

Now That's What I Call Country: Volume 4 featuring Lady Antebellum, Carrie Underwood and many other pop singers masquerading as country music.

DVD

Forager's Harvest: a guide to identifying , harvesting, and preparing edible wild plants by Samuel Thayer. Two discs. The boys and I should watch this and take a guidebook into the woods the next Saturday my wife works.

No comments: