Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another Bouchercon Freebie, Charlie Stella, Gigdet

Fiction

Trail of Blood by Lisa Black. Another freebie paperback from the "goodie bag" at Bouchercon. I don't know if Lisa Black attended. Cara Black was there. I know because I read her name tag. I said nothing to her.

Crime Factory: the first shift stories by Charlie Stella, Scott Wolven, others. Short stories from the online magazine devoted to short crime fiction. At least I think it is devoted to short crime fiction. (Don't expect extensive fact-checking on this blog.) Charlie Stella is always worth reading. I read Wolven's Controlled Burn and liked it a lot. Wolven has a new book releasing soon entitled False Hopes.

EDIT: I just looked at Stella's webpage and he has a novel slated for 2012 entitled, Rough Riders.

DVD

Gigdet: the complete series starring Sister Bertrille. Someone donated this story about a young surfer girl who falls in love with Burt Reynolds but is stricken ill by osteoporosis.

No comments: