Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Two NonFiction and Another Bouchercon Freebie

NonFiction

While They Slept: an inquiry into the murder of a family by Kathryn Harrison. 18-year-old kills his parents and a sister. Spares the other sister. An uplifting family story.

Quicken 2011: the official guide by Bobbi Sandberg. I bought a previous annual manual. Manual Samuel. Samuel Cram-you-ill. Cram-you-ill Spam-a-hill. I need a rhyming dictionary.

Fiction

Three Seconds by Roslund and Hellstrom. Co-authors Anders Roslund and Borge Hellstrom were doing signings at Bouchercon. I picked up this free book but did not get it signed. Some other Scandinavians were doing a signing in the bar early that evening. I didn't get a book but got a free drink.

Free Drink at Bouchercon Signing

At the above mentioned signing I asked the waitress for some sort of IPA. When she got back I ended up with a Budweiser. I don't like Budweiser. I did not complain because the gal was busy and the drink was free. I drank the lousy beer anyway. It was free.

No comments: