Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Complete Louie is a Satanic Highway Patrolman

DVD

Highway Patrolman starring [Mexican Actors]. Back in the pre-internet 1980s and 1990s all I could rely on for movie news was the video store rack, The New Yorker, and Roger Ebert's annual compendiums. I don't recall how I heard about this one but I know I read a review somewhere and it only took 20 years for me to get my hands on a copy.

Plot: Pedro is a young, naive rookie highway patrolman who runs into corruption and poverty in rural Mexico. (The only one of two clips I could find.)



Louis: the complete first season starring Louie C.K. fighting with Nick DePaolo. I posted this before but had to return a defective DVD.

My Week With Marilyn starring Michelle Williams and Kenneth Branagh. Go-fer chauffeurs Marilyn Monroe around.



NonFiction

Satan Is Real: the ballad of the Louvin Brothers by Charlie Louvin with Benjamin Whitmer. I read about this online. "The beautiful and tragic saga of the Louvin Brothers - one of the most legendary country duos of all time." The Louvin Brothers became a very minor internet sensation due to an old album cover from which the book is named.

Large Print

The Thief by Clive Cussler. "An Isaac Bell Adventure." Something sinks.

Passing Love by Jacqueline E. Luckett. Better than passing on a cold. According to the cover this is set in Paris. Paris, France. Not Paris, Texas.

Little Girl Gone by Drusilla Campbell. Cover has a photo of a bored pit bull and a girl.

No comments: