Monday, May 21, 2012

Music for Monkeys - Music on CDs


Music Come to Life by the Dark Magic of Science!

Up All Night by One Direction.  British boys belting ballads.




Whatever by Hot Chelle Rae.  What a coincidence.  The title is exactly what I was thinking about this disc of song singers. They sound very peppy.




Bangarang by Skrillex.  What is the deal with this?  Electronica or something?  All I know is that kids will check it out.




Point of Morrow by The Shins.  I used to think these guys were from Australia.  Pop music for adults. I know that cardboard CD cases are supposed to be "green" but the stupid thing just tore.




Own the Night by Lady Antebellum.  Country music by people who won a Grammy or something.




MDNA by Madonna.  There are so many, many things I could write about Madonna and none of them fit here.

Hymns by Guy Penrod.  Christian rock checks out.  I'm trying this one out.




Otis Taylor's Contraband by Otis Taylor.  We have Taylor's Recapturing the banjo and it is pretty good.  Here is a track off Recapturing.




Stronger by Kelly Clarkson.  Peppy pop tunes for people.

No comments: