Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Game of Thrones Comic Book

Fiction

Game of Thrones: the graphic novel: volume 2 by George R.R. Martin and Daniel Abraham and Tommy Patterson.  Aww, nuts.  This is volume two.  Volume one must not have come in yet.  This is the comic book version.  I have not watched the television program but I hear it has plenty of nudity.  I optimistically scanned through this.

Dead Inside by Victoria Houston.  Another mystery from the lady in Northern Wisconsin.  I'm currently reading a book set on Lake Superior's Northern Michigan shore. 

The Execution of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver.  This book has been in the press a lot lately.  A convicted murderer on death row refuses to say what happened.  Even when the high-powered, politically-connected mother of the victim offers to get a commutation in return for the full story. 

Pines by Blake Crouch.  This won some sort of award.  Or was shortlisted for some sort of award.  Let me check the internets...oh, maybe not.  There will be some TV show version with Matt Dillon though. 

Crouch shows up at Murder and Mayhem in Muskego most every year but I've never spoken to him.  I prefer to stand around and wait for the coffee.  Then stand around and drink my coffee.  Then I walk around with my coffee looking to suck up to Victor Gischler.  Gischler is not scheduled for 2013.  Maybe I can walk around and suck up to Megan Abbott or Duane Swierczynski.

Sovereign by Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee.  Third entry in the Book of Mortals series.  This series seems to be a different take on zombies or something.  The flyleaf descriptions on these books make no sense to me.

No comments: