Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Hey, I've Met Nine of These People

Fiction

Sea Creatures by Susanna Daniel.  Daniel came out here a year or two ago for a book talk.  Unfortunately the weather was lousy and another event was going on downtown so the only audience was one dude, a Friend of the Library, and myself.  More family drama set in Florida.  Try it out.

Kwik Krimes edited by Otto Penzler.  "Contributions by more than 80 authors."  Short crime stories of "no more than one thousand words."  I have spoken to:
1.  Bill Crider.  Very briefly because I had nothing of interest to say and did not want to fanboy-gush at him.
2.  Tasha Alexander.  Very nice lady who's husband just received permanent U.S. residency.  Her novels do well here.
3.  Raymond Benson.  Who I probably bored the heck out of.
4.  Reed Farrell Coleman.  I am very certain I said "hello" at some point.
5.  Christa Faust. She asked if there was creamer for the coffee and I said, "No."  Again, I had nothing of interest to provide.
6.  Chris Grabenstein.  I spoke to him quite a bit.  Grabenstein is personable and has experience as a performer, including as a stand-up comic, so he has the skill to keep a conversation going.
7.  Parnell Hall.   I spoke to him on an escalator and asked if he was filming another video.
8.  Sean Doolittle.  I've seen him around at a couple events but I had nothing to say.
9.  Patti  Abbott.  I read her blog and have sent some emails.

Three Can Keep A Secret by Archer Mayor.  I used to read all these New Hampshire based novels featuring policeman Joe Gunther.  I got off track when I read one that I thought was lame.

October List by Jeffrey Deaver.  He was at Murder and Mayhem in Muskego and I asked him, "Are you up next?"

Shaman by Kim Stanley Robinson.  Fantasy fiction fun.

Catch and Release by Lawrence Block.  Short stories by the expert writer. 

Deadline by Sandra Brown.  Brown has an honorary Doctorate from TCU.  I went to the Aggie football game there in 1993.

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King.  Page 357 says, " The man in the chinos and t-shirt fired his weird pistol at Dan."

The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot.  Page 319 says, "She nods."

Silencing Eve by Iris Johansen.  page 239 says, "Silence."

No comments: