Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fiction, Rap and Soul

Music and Voices That Are Reproducible When Using the Correct Electronic Equipment

Black Panties by R. Kelly.  Oh, this looks trashy.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell by Five Finger Death Punch.  Wait a minute.  This might be metal not rap.  Let me check...yeah, it's a metal band.  But, I don't want to change the title of the blog post.


Fiction

Still Life With Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen.  The novel of this title does not imply excitement.

I Shall Be Near to You by Erin Lindsay McCabe.  Woman dresses as man to fight alongside her husband curing the Civil War.  McCabe kinda looks like one of my wife's friends.

The Wife, The Maid, and the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon.  Fictionalization of a real-life New York judge who disappeared in 1930.    Lawhon's author bio says, "lives in the rolling hills outside Nashville, TN."  Does that mean she has a rural place?  Does that mean she has her own rifle range?  I wish I had my own gun range.

This Dark Road to Mercy by Wiley Cash.  I read a book with "mercy" in the title, Michael Ayoob's In Search of Mercy which is a mystery.  This is about kids, their deadbeat dad, a robbery, and someone trying to find the kids.  Cash has a beard.

Ripper by Isabel Allende.  A couple times each winter I'll grow a beard.  I get sick of the beard after a time and shave it off.  This is about strange murders in San Francisco.  Beard content is unknown.

Lydia's Party by Margaret Hawkins.  Cover image is an outdoor table and chairs set for dinner and photoshopped into a snow covered forest.  I keep intending to do another book talk out on Rock Lake but never get around to it.

No comments: