Thursday, June 04, 2015

Movies I Missed Ordering

DVD. What can I say? I missed'em.

Unbroken starring Jack O'Connell. You ever seen that David Bowie POW movie, Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence? I should try watching that again.

American Sniper starring Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller. Is the baby prop as awful as commenters said?

Hunger Games Mockingjay, Part One starring Jennifer Lawrence, many others. Girl with arrows shoots arrows at people.

The Hobbit: the Battle of the Five Armies starring Hobbits, Elves, Orcs, one dragon, one Dark Lord. Neil Finn did a tune for one of these things. The premiere was in Wellington. I just looked at a map and Wellington is on a small peninsula. Google Maps says it is a 12.5 hour drive from Dunedin. Oof. That's a long haul. Taking the train is a two day trip.


2 comments:

dunedin said...

Going from Dunedin to Wellington by road there is also a 3 hour ferry crossing between the 2 islands to get to Wellington. It is much easier to fly. My brother lives there so I go maybe once a year. Lovely city, lots to do.

Lake Mills Library said...

Three hours? Ferries always take longer than I think. I looked at Google maps and I suppose traveling through those bays off the South Island would eat extra time.