Tuesday, March 15, 2016

More Lansdale, Yet Again.

Fiction

Steel Kiss by Jeffery Deaver. T. Jefferson Parker recently posted a photo of himself and Deaver at the Tucson Festival of Books.

Off The Grid by C.J. Box.  CJ Box was in the photo with Deaver and Parker.

Clawback by J.A. Jance. Jance was not in the photo with Deaver, Parker and Box. But, Jance still has a home in Tucson. I don't know if she attended the Festival. Maybe she decided to skip the crowds. Maybe she doesn't like the coffee there. Maybe she went in disguise so she wouldn't get hounded by fans.

Audiobooks on CD

Captains Outrageous by Joe R. Lansdale. 9 hours on 7CDs. Lansdale is booked to attend the Murder and Mayhem in Milwaukee conference this autumn.

Savage Season by Joe R. Lansdale. 5 hours on 5CDs. That conference always conflicts with the Cub Scout Pancake Breakfast and I've missed most or all of the conference the past five years or so.

The Revenant by Michael Punke. 9 hours on 8 CDs. I read this book a couple years ago. I don't know if Punke is writing anything new, last I looked he was lawyering in Switzerland.

Paradise Sky by Joe R. Lansdale. 14 hours on 12 CDs. I'm hoping to finish clean-up at the Pancake Breakfast and drive over to Milwaukee. I think Victor Gischler is also scheduled to attend.

Who else will be there?

  • Well, Todd Robinson is supposed to be there, I read one of his novels.
  • Lisa Lutz came a couple years ago when I was able to attend the Friday evening session. Lutz is a great speaker.
  • Brad Parks. I read 2-3 of his New Jersey set novels featuring a newspaper reporter.
  • Timothy Hallinan is scheduled. Hallinan is kind of a Big Deal. I listened to a couple of his Junior Bender novels.
  • I assume Tasha Alexander and her husband will be there. I think they drive up from Chicago each year. I still have not read any the husband's books. I keep intending to read one.

No comments: