Tuesday, August 16, 2016

New Stuff, Part One

Bug Bites

My neck is covered in bug bites and it is driving me nuts. I'm guessing I am having a minor allergic reaction. I brought an tube of anti-itch cream to work and keep applying it. In fact, I sepped away from the keyboard for five minutes to deal with something and put more cream on the front of my neck.

Fiction

The Madness of Mercury by Connie di Marco. A paperback mystery with a cat. Maybe I developed a sudden allergy to cats.

What a Woman Must Do by Faith Sullivan. She must immediately develop a cure for me. That is what she must do. Get to work science!

Bright, Precious Days by Jay McInerney. In the late '80s I read all the McInerney novels. I don't know if he has any novels about bug bites that look like welts and cover your neck.

Last Days of Night by Graham Moore. My day has been filled with itching.

Damaged by Lisa Scottoline. Damaged. Like my neck is damaged. I think insects burrowed into my flesh and laid eggs.

Sting by Sandra Brown. Sting. Like the sting I will feel when the insects eggs hatch and the larvae start eating my flesh from the inside.

Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton. I read one of that Phoef guys books. I wonder if he, too, is covered in bug bites.

No comments: