Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Three Books and A Dog

Books

The News From Lone Rock: observations and witticisms from a small-town newsman by Freeland Dexter. Compilation of news columns and quips by Dexter who wrote for the Weekly Home News in Lone Rock, WI from 1884 to 1912.

One A Clear Night: essays from the heartland by Marnie O. Mamminga. From the author of Return to Wake Robin about summers spent in the north woods of Wisconsin. Mamminga went to University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. The official, and wrong way, to write the University name is Urbana-Champaign. But Champaign belongs in the front. Go Illini!

Dead Spider by Victoria Houston. Latest novel in the Loon Lake series. Houston lives up in Rhinelander. I bought a case of Rhinelander Bock beer in 1995 or so. That beer was incredibly awful. I bought it because it was cheap and I figured I'd try it out. I did not drink more than two bottles.

Dog

My dog on some carpet.




Dog riding in the car.



No comments: