Monday, January 08, 2018

Books and Photos. Photos and Books.

Fiction

Robicheaux by James Lee Burke. Another mystery novel featuring Dave Robicheaux in Lousiana. Does Burke's daughter teach full-time? Because she publishes regularly and that's a full-time job already.

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. I wonder if this is a pen name. The author bio never uses a gender pronoun and the bio is skimpy. I guess I could go to the Twitter, Facebook and Instagram links. But, I don't want to.

Promise Not To Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz. Is Krentz the one posing with her small dogs for her author photo? Let's check... Nope. Krentz is Amanda Quick. I'm not sure which name is her real name. Or, if both names are pen names. There is another woman who uses a few pen names. I can picture her face but cannot remember her name. She writes romances, romantic mysteries, and sets one series in a futuristic Dallas. I think.

Large Print



Photos

Crumbling concrete care requires competent and quick repair. These are the front stairs. Good thing they were already slated for replacement.



A fitting bookmark. A piece of cardboard from a box of .22LR that I found in a book on gun care.


Someone left this in the library.



No comments: