Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Patterson, again. Other big names

Patterson

The 6th Target by James Patterson Literary Industries Amalgamated and Maxine Paetro. I do not know how to pronounce Paetro. Let's see if we have any non-Patterson novels by her in the system... Looks like one or two. She's been collaborating with Patterson for a long time now.

Fiction 

An American Marriage by Tayari Jones. Newlyweds visit the husband's family and he is arrested and convicted for something he did not do. When his conviction is overturned after five years the wife has a lot of trouble adjusting.

A Death in Live Oak by James Grippando. I've never read a Grippando book. According to the author bio he has written 26 novels. That's a lot of novels. But, nothing compared to Joyce Carol Oates. Speaking of...

Beautiful Days by Joyce Carol Oates. I'm not sure if I ever read a Oates novel either. I started to read The Corn Maiden by Oates and was way too creeped out to continue the story. I suppose that speaks to Oates's skill.

Look For Me by Lisa Gardener. Man, Gardner has a wicked sharp looking author photo. She sells a lot books. Let me take a look at her bib and see what I've read... dang. I've not read any of her novels either. Maybe I should branch out. Right now I am reading a John McFetridge novel. It is the second novel in the Eddie Dougherty series set in 1970s Montreal and I really love the setting. It is freaking great.

No comments: