Friday, September 07, 2018

Jance. Koontz. More

NonFiction

The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone. Elizabeth Smith started as a codebreaker in World War One. She continued to do so through the next world war and into the Cold War.  Fagone lives in San Francisco and his author photo is black and white. His hair is shorter than mine. I really need a haircut.

Nolo's Essential Guide to Child Custody and Support by Emily Doskow. Doskow has written a ton of these Nolo guides. No author photo though.

Fiction

The Forbidden Door by Dean Koontz. Fourth book in the Jane Hawk series. I've not read a Koontz book in a while because he was laying the schmaltz on real thick. His current author photo does not include any dogs.

Field of Bones by J.A. Jance. I've written it before and I'll write it again. I heard Jance speak at a small library event at the Burton barr library in Phoenix. Afterwards they had Dove bars for every one. Not all participants had a bar and I cannot remember if I had a second one.


No comments: