Thursday, August 21, 2008

More CD and DVD

DVD


Shine a Light with the Rolling Stones. Band clips, behind the scenes, concert footage.

Doomsday starring Bob Hoskins and a bunch of chicks. An "elite fighting unit" goes into a "post-apocalyptic zone" to find a cure to an epidemic. Sounds like Escape From New York. That's alright, I grew up on trashy post-apocalypse movies on television and like most all of them. Especially when they have goofy costumes, elaborate mohawks, overdone make-up.

Nim's Island starring Jodie Foster and Abigail Breslin. Girl and dad live alone on a desert island. When dad disappears girl emails favorite author for help. Huh? Well that makes no sense to me but this is a kids' movie.

Dexter: the second season starring Michael C. Hall and James Remar. Season two of the Showtime television series. I bet James Remar was in a post-apocalypse movie sometime in his career.

Music CDs

Wait for Me by The Pigeon Detectives. Here is another one of those, "Why did I get this?" albums. I think I may have read a promo release, or heard it on 6 Music.
Oh. I've heard the tune I Found Out before. It's a catchy little ditty.
Wait, I may have heard this on Little Steven's show.

Handy Manny with Los Lobos. Songs from the animated kids' series that Boy #1 loves to watch.

Number One Songs by Merle Haggard. This will get good check-outs. Ten songs.

Kidz Bop 14.

No comments: