Monday, August 18, 2008

CD and DVD

CD

Viva LaVida: or, Death and all his friends by Coldplay. I'm not sure what's going on here. These guys are still popular according to sales lists. I think Stephanie the Library Assistant is a fan of theirs.

Real Animal by Alejandro Escovedo. Little Steven was playing Escovedo's latest tune on his radio show and the tune was quite catchy so I ordered this. Two other Escovedo albums are in the SHARE catalog.
Escovedo started out as a punk in San Francisco and has played in several genres since then.

Digi Snacks by RZA as Bobby Digital. My brother sent me a Wu-Tang Clan CD a few years ago. i don't know why it was chosen. I listened to it but do not remember much about it. The disc is sitting around somewhere, I should dig it out and listen again. From what I know the guys like old kung-fu movies, comic books, and Bill Murray.

The Slip by Nine Inch Nails. CD packaged with a live DVD by Trent Reznor. I don't know if this guy likes comic books. If he does the books probably have vampires or goth story lines.

Fire Songs by The Watson Twins. A few months ago I was checking in some CDs by one of our regular customers whose tastes sometimes coincide with mine. I listened to one of his returns by Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins. I really liked that disc so when I saw the release announcement for this I ordered it.

DVD

Hellboy starring [people from Hell]. Demon is raised from infancy by the U.S. Army and works for the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense invesitagting and defending against paranormal events.

Shutter starring [people I never heard of]. Horror movie. Couple moves to Japan and image of girl starts showing up in their pictures.

NonFic DVD

Defensive Drills, Offesnive Drills, Hitting Mechanics from A Game Sports. Baseball drills for teaching young players.

Those I left Behind by Lisandro Perez-Ray. Documentary on families split between the U.S. and Cuba and unable to visit one another.

Beyond the Sea: a history of the Mariel boatlift by Lisandro Perez-Ray. 130,000 Cubans were sent over by Castro. Among the convicts and junkies were many who procliamed themselves gay, or drug addicts, or prostitutes to get to the U.S.

In Search of the Sentinel by Albert Paley. "one-hour documentary that follows the vision of the artist, from idea through fabrication and installation of the largest public sculpture on a university campus in the United States."

The Not So Big House: home by design by Sarah Susanka. Core design principles brought to life that emphasize quality over quantity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must bow to the musical taste of the Library Director. Initially dismissed as a lightweight, Allison Moorer has become a staple of my playlist. Also - the additional proof that women value men for something other than appearances is very welcome as well.

g

Lake Mills Library said...

I'm surprised by your turn around. Her voice is sometimes sublime - I'll have to listen to that latest album again.