Friday, December 18, 2009

Bands I Know Nothing About, Stooges, That Duck In A Cage

Music CDs

Cosmic Egg by Wolfmother. Australians? I do not remember.

Shock Value II by Timbaland. Rap? Soul? R & B? Dance?

Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin. Rap? Emo? Half Assed Rock?

DVD

Three Stooges Collector's Edition: discs one and two. Several shorts, a feature film, trailers, and extras.

Non Fiction

Lucille and the XXX Road: around the world man and motorcycle by Jim Oliver. I spoke to Oliver on video while I was in Kansas. Oliver gave a presentation on his trip from Eastern Russia west through Europe on his BMW (named Lucille). Oliver's talk focused on his 1300 miles ride across Siberia and the rough conditions he and his riding partner encountered. What do you bet I'll get a bunch of web hits for the XXX in the title?

I asked Oliver if he would take a smaller bike than his GS model if he did the trip over. Oliver said he would take a smaller bike like an F650 BMW or a KLR650.

Heaven and Hell: my life in The Eagles (1974-2001) by Don Felder. Guitarist for The Eagles tells tales. Felder has a lot of neat behind the scenes tales of life in the band of the money fights with Henley and Frey.

Large Print

La's Orchestra Saves the World by Alexander McCall Smith. That duck-in-a-cage-on-a-bicycle is back.

No comments: