Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Romances

Fiction

Shoulda Been A Cowboy by Lorelei James. James' other books have checked out well. Her romances focus on cowboy characters with lots of sex. I cannot recall the author's real name.

A Rancher's Brand of Justice by Ann Voss Peterson. Cowboy's young son is murder witness. Big-city, lady cop is there to protect the boy. I flipped through this one and I am guessing that it is free of sex scenes. It may have some shoot-outs.

Don't Blink by James Patterson and Howard Roughan. How do the co-authors get picked out for Paterson books? From a hat?

The Fort by Bernard Cornwell. Novel of the U.S. Revolutionary War. Sure to include many Brown Bess muskets.

Texas Standoff by Elmer Kelton. I need to read more westerns. Texas Rangers sent to central TX to investigate murders. Good thing this novel does not include Chuck Norris's singing.

Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke, Laura Levine, and Leslie Meier. Three Christmas themed novellas.

Me, Myself, and Why? by Mary Janice Davidson. "A modern threesome." There is a threesome in that Lorelei James novel I listed above. I am certain that the meanings are very different.

Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber. 'Tis the season for Christmas novels.

Legacy by Danielle Steel.

Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. I could try to think of a pun or joke mixing the novel's title and it's massive 985 pages but I will not. Follett still wears his hair big and fluffy. Not skyscraper fluffy like he used to.

No comments: