Friday, October 01, 2010

Comics, Audio Book, Music on CD, True Crime

Fiction

Prelude to Deadpool Corps by Victor Gischler. Comic book novel. I'll read this sometime later but, for now, I just don't get it. Judging by the cover there is a guy, a gal, and a kid plus a zombie dog and a rotting head (that flies using a beanie cap with propeller). Everyone has a sword, except for the kid who has lightsabers. Are the lightsabers called lightsabers or is that a copyright issue with the Titan of Modesto? Since this is a comic the guy has muscles on muscles and the gal has big bazooms.

Audiobook on CD

Beat by Stephen Jay Scwartz. Okay, now I remember why I ordered this. The hook for this series is that LAPD cop Hayden Glass is a sex addict. Glass's hooker girlfriend is kidnapped and Glass's attempts at rescue put him against the mob, FBI, and San Francisco PD.

NonFiction

Nina Hartley's Guide to Total Sex by Nina Hartley with I.S. Levine. This is not new but I just had the cataloging fixed. The dang thing was in 619.6. According to this 619 is unassigned so I moved Nina Hartley next to the other sex information books in 613 which is Personal Health & Safety.

Mississippi Mud by Edward Humes. True crime in Biloxi, MS. Adult daughter of murdered couple investigates leads to the Dixie Mafia that the police do not follow.

Music On CD

Charred Walls of the Damned by Charred Walls of the Damned. I figured to try out something from this heavy metal sub-genre to see if it circulates.

A Little Messed Up by The Dollyrots. Fun and loud rock and roll.

No comments: