Thursday, September 09, 2010

Vikings! Parker! Kostoff! Horses! Swings! Locksley!

Adult Fiction

Slayground by Richard Stark. Do I need to spell out my excitement over these reprints by The Univ. of Chicago press of the older Parker novels by Richard Stark. Parker, the consummate thief, is stuck in a "shuttered amusement park" after a heist goes wrong. A heist going wrong? In a Parker novel? Outrageous!

Late Rain by Lynn Kostoff. Local soft drink mogul is murdered by his son's wife. Alzheimer's patient witnesses the murder and a recent transplant to South Carolina investigates. This novel has two good things to recommend it. 1) The book was praised by Charlie Stella. 2) Tyrus Books published it.

White Raven by Robert Low. Viking ship crew, the Oathsworn, set out to rescue two members taken as hostages. I read the first book in the series, Whale Road, and and also ordered the second one. I ordered this when I saw the other two in order on the shelf. Order.

Large Print

Cure by Robin Cook. Medical mystery.

1022 Evergreen Place by Debbie Macomber. A swing is on the cover behind a picket fence.

Crossfire by Dick Francis. Something to do with horses.

Locksley

I mentioned before that Little Steven likes Locksley and plays him frequently on the Underground Garage. I'm listening to a radio show excerpt from a Madison station and the guys from the band are a boring interview. But, they speak about playing with Ray Davies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not Locksley.

Lake Mills Library said...

I know. I just love The Kinks.

I like Locksley's tunes as well but I think I previously embedded one of their tunes.