Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stack of Fiction

Fiction

Collusion by Stuart Neville. With a name like that this guy has to be English. Let me check...Nope, I was wrong. He is Irish. But, he is Northern Irish and I'll judge by the name he is orange.
Neville wrote Ghosts of Belfast which proved popular here in Lake Mills. I have yet to read Ghosts but want to.

The Network by Jason Elliot. British spy assigned to destroy Stinger missiles in Afghanistan in pre-9/11.

Dangerous to Know by Tasha Alexander. Alexander is a nice lady. Her other novels have been doing well here since I started buying them. Lady Emily continues her mid-1800s adventures with a murder mystery in London that may be linked to Jack the Ripper.

Ape House by Sara Gruen. Gruen is popular with the book club crowd.

Fatal Error by F. Paul Wilson. I sat next to Wilson during lunch at Murder and Mayhem in Muskego this fall. He is a good dude. Fatal is part of his Repairman Jack series. Wilson mentioned that a couple of his books have never gone out of print. One of those is The Keep (at least that is what I remember.). Wilson was of the correct opinion that the movie version of The Keep stunk.

The Skin Map by Stephen Lawhead. "A Bright Empires" novel. The plot description on the flyleaf is way too confusing to summarize here.

Power Down by Ben Coes. Former commando is out to get the terrorists who bombed the oil platform he managed and killed part of his crew.

Dead Or Alive by Tom Clancy. Latest Jack Ryan and Jack Ryan, Jr. novel.

Demon's Parchment by Jeri Westerson. "A Medieval Noir". I bought the last book in this series because of the Medieval Noir tagline. That book circ'ed well so I bought this one.

Snow Day by Billy Coffey. Literary type novel.

No comments: