Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Novels and NonFiction With False Advertising

NonFiction

The Monster: how a gang of predatory lenders and Wall Street bankers fleeced America - and spawned a global crisis by Michael W. Hudson. I thought it was Anthony Neil Smith who gave a recommendation for this book on the twitter. I think I am wrong because I could not find the note again.

Big in China: my unlikely adventures raising a family, playing the blues, and becoming a star in Beijing by Alan Paul. Reporter for Wall Street Journal packs up family for job in Beijing. Reporter teams up with a Chinese guy to form a popular blues band that tours China.

Internet for Seniors by Michael Price and Sue Price. "Plain English, easy to follow, fully illustrated." The cover is correct, there are many illustrations.

The 4-Hour Body: an uncommon guide to rapid fat-loss, incredible sex, and becoming superhuman by Timothy Ferriss. Four hours? Really? If I want to be superhuman can I just read for 1 hour and 20 minutes?

Red: my uncensored life in rock by Sammy Hagar. Hagar's father was a drunk. Just like Eddie.

Cracking the GED: 2011 Edition by Princeton Review.

Master the GED by Peterson's.

Fiction

Cold Wind by C.J. Box. NO matter how strong that wind Box's hat will stay in place.

Live Wire by Harlan Coben. No matter how electric that wire, Coben will still be bald.

Keep a Little Secret by Dorothy Garlock. My secret about Garlock? Every time I read her name I think of oar locks.

Breaking the Rules by Suzanne Brockman. Here is a rule to never break: Never join the Russian army.

The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party by Alexander McCall Smith. Open bar?

No comments: