Thursday, September 18, 2014

Chelsea Cain?

Fiction

One Kick by Chelsea Cain.  I was intending to read a couple of her other books.  I have not gotten to them yet.. Crimespree magazine likes her. You think she gets this a lot?

Bittersweet by Colleen McCullough. Two sets of female twins from the same family grow up in turn of the century Australia.

Reckless Disregard by Robert Rotstein.  I read a really nice review for this novel but cannot remember where I read the review or what the book is about. A thriller set in Hollywood with an entertainment lawyer.  I think.

Best to Laugh by Lorna Landvik.  Comedy novel from someone in Minnesota with a Minnesota character moving to Los Angeles and trying to work as a comic.I think.

Don't Let Her go by Michelle Gagnon. This is a YA book, but ended up in my pile so I'm typing it in.  One of those teenagers-on-the-run-from-corporate/government-bad-guys novels. I think Gagnon was the one who posted something online a year or two ago about raccoon trouble. Better than Frog Trouble. Or Car Trouble

Monogram Murders by Sophie Hannah. Hannah writes a new Hercule Poirot novel.  I've read mixed reviews, find out for yourself.

In the Morning I'll be Gone by Adrian McKinty. This just won the Ned Kelly Award for best crime novel in Australia.  I was thinking Kelly was killed in that shootout. Nope, he was wounded, arrested, and hanged.

Back Channel by Stephen L. Carter.  Fictionalization of Cuban Missile Crisis.

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton.  Marital trouble in 1686 Amsterdam.

The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell.  I never read Cloud Atlas.  Maybe I'll get around to it.  They used some heavy paper on this book.The dust jacket says the book is "hypnotic...rich with character".  Huh.  He wrote Black Swan Green, I ordered the audio version a few years after a nice review. 

No comments: