Monday, September 15, 2014

I Haven't Read An Ian McEwan Book in Years

Fiction 

The Children Act by Ian McEwan.  I read a couple of his books in 1994-1995.  That was before he was a Big Deal.  I should read those Big Deal books, they must be pretty good.

Festive in Death by J.D. Robb.  Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas investigates murder. Lietennant is difficulf for me to spell.

Perfidia by James Ellroy.  The 800 lbs. gorilla of crime fiction.  Imagine a 800 lbs. guerrilla. How dangerous would that guy be?

Blood on the Water by Anne Perry.  London Copper William Monk witnesses a boat explosion that kills 200 people. Monk gets to work.

Audiobooks on CD

Business Adventures: twelve classic tales of the World of Wall Street by John Brooks. 17 hours on 14 CDs.  Stories about the Edsel disaster (except for Sheriff Dan Rhodes), the rise of Xerox, scandals at GE and how "iconic companies was defined by a particular moment of fame or notoriety."

Robert B. Parker's Blind Spot by Reed Farrel Coleman. 9 hours on 7 CDs.  I do not know if Coleman worked from an existing manuscript or not.  I won't try to find out. Coleman writes good books and spends a lot of time in Milwaukee.

Dark Blood by Christine Feehan.  15 hours on 12 CDs.  Werewolf romance.

Roman Hat Mystery by Ellery Queen. 11  hours on 9 CDs.  This was on sale.  I thought people might enjoy the story.

Road Dawgz by K'Wan.  10.5 hours on 9 CDs.  K'Wan sells a lot of books. But, I always figured they would not circulate here.  Phooey, I should buy a couple and find out for sure.  Kid grows up in tough situation, goes to jail, learns crime, aims for crime lord-dom.

No comments: