Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Fiction For You, Not For Me

Fiction That Is Not For Me 
(I'm working my way through books I've owned for years but never read)

Secret Place by Tana French.  French is Irish.  French writes popular mysteries with suspense.  At least I think she does, I have not yet read her previous novels.

Lisette's List by Susan Vreeland.  Lisette is a nice name.  I am not certain how to pronounce Vreeland. Vreeland lives in San Diego. A couple weeks ago someone was talking about how nice the San Diego's baseball stadium is.

Private Down Under by James Patterson Literary Industries, Amalgamated, and Michael White.  Patterson always gives his co-authors prominent credit but the publisher prints nothing about them.  Let me check the internet machine...Nope, nothing.

Nightmare in Burgundy by Jean-Pieree Alaux and Noel Balen. Both authors live in France.  Because they are French.

Her Last Whisper by Karen Robards.  Robards lives in Kentucky and writes lots of books. The dust jacket bio says she has written 43 books.

Eye of Heaven by Clive Cussler and Russell Blake.  Cussler lives in Arizona and owns really big wrist watches.  Blake "lives on the Pacific coast of Mexico."  Have the drug wars in Mexico cooled off?  Or, has the media burned out on writing about countless torture victims and executions?

Lock In by John Scalzi.  Scalzi lives in Ohio.  I have not read Redshirts.

No comments: