Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'm Skipping the Large Print

Large Print

I looked at the shelf full of new large print and sighed. I am not dealing with that today.

Mystery

Die Again by Tess Gerritsen.  Yeah, I thought Gerritsen was a doctor, and that's what the book bio says.  I did not know Gerritsen has a white scarf, but that's what the author photo shows.

Fiction

Assassination Option by W.E.B. Griffin and William E. Butterworth IV.  A Clandestine Operations Novel. Spies in post-war Europe.

The Bishop's Wife by Mette Ivie Harrison. I like the cover. Mette Ivie? That sounds like English names, lets's check...Nope! She lives in Utah. I'll just pretend she moved here from Suffolk, or Midlands, or some other English placename.  The novel is about a woman who goes against her family and church when she suspects a parishioner of murdering his missing wife. Here is the dude who did the cover, James Iacobelli.

Hush by Karen Robards. When you're Big Time Author Karen Robards you can title your novel with whatever generic word you like.  Which does not explain her small author photo on the back of the book. You'd think the publisher would throw a color photo across the entire back cover. 

NonFiction

How to Write A Winning Scholarship Essay by Gen and Kelly Tanabe.  I'm not sure if the Tanabes are spouses, siblings, cousins, or what. The author photo is so tiny that I cannot even tell if they are close in age. Page 164 says, "You are not the center of the universe." Well, it is obvious the Tanabes never read this blog.

No comments: