Thursday, April 07, 2016

More Made-Up Stories

Fiction

Miller's Valley by Anna Quindlen. One semester in college the student union was showing a ton of films during finals. I went and saw Miller's Crossing at 10PM or 11PM, or something. I really enjoyed that flick.


As Time Goes By by Mary Higgins Clark.  I don't think Clark writes her books any more. After so many books her new novels just come out of her head fully formed and edited. Clark just types the text, has someone check for typos and they send the doc straight to the printing house.

Family Jewels by Stuart Woods. Woods is wearing tortoiseshell glasses and a cotton shirt for his author photo.

Dominion: the chronicles of the invaders by John Connolly and Jennifer Ridyard. Is the Irish Connolly  or the Los Angeles Connolly? Let me check ... he's the Irish guy. Ridyard grew up in South Africa. That reminds me that I need to read more Deon Meyers and Roger Smith novels.

No comments: