Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Killer, Dark, Guilty, Crimes. I sense a theme.

Fiction

Night and Day by Iris Johansen. Some woman is protecting a young girl from a serial killer. Or something.

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty. I'm not sure what this is about. Domestic drama or something. Moriarty is wearing a blue patterned top for her author photo. Isn't Moriarty a big deal? She needs a bigger author photo.

The Island by Elin Hildebrand. Wait a minute. I thought Hildebrand just had a new book a few months ago. Maybe I saw a prepub for this one.

Killer Look by Linda Fairstein.  Hey, it looks like  Fairstein has a new author photo and it's a nice one. Full page photo on the back cover and her watch says 4:16PM.

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. Crouch used to attend Murder and Mayhem in Muskego (now Milwaukee). I'm not sure if he still does. I watched the first season of the TV show Wayward Pines that is based off his novels. I enjoyed the show but have not watched the second season yet.

Guilty Minds by Joseph Finder. The cover image says 'legal thriller' or 'government conspiracy'. Finder's author photo is him with a black outfit against a black background. His head look like it is floating in space.

Miss Jane by Brad Watson. Woman grows up in early 1900s Mississippi unable to have children. I grew up in 1970s Illinois and need to walk my dog.

NonFiction

Chin: the life and crimes of Mafia boss Vincent Gigante.

No comments: