Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thicker Books

Fiction

Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis by Anne Rice. I have no idea what this is about. I presume the Lestat guy is still a vampire. Let me check... yep, part of the series. Rice lives in Palm Desert, California. I wonder what July is like there. Let me check that too... well, the average high is 108 Fahrenheit.

The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg. Something about a cemetery.

When All the Good Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz. The illustration on the endpapers is stormy water around a city skyline and lightning in the skies. The credits list the jacket designer but I am not certain if she also did the endpapers.

Mister Monkey by Francine Prose. When Boy #2 was a toddler his favorite toy was named Mr. Monkey Monk. Prose is a visiting writer at Bard College. I have no knowledge of Bard.  Let me look it up... well, Bard is 100 miles North of Manhattan and has 2,000 undergraduates.

The German Girl by Armando Lucas Correa. Young woman on the SS St. Louis's infamous voyage in 1939 and her descendants 70 years later.

Victoria by Daisy Goodwin. Yeah, that's a Kinks tune.


The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen.  Fantasy novel about a queen.

NonFiction

The Horse Encyclopedia by DK.  A big book about horses. The Danish Warmblood has "no fleshiness in the jowl."

No comments: