Friday, February 17, 2017

3 Fic, 4 NonFic

Fiction

August Snow by Stephen Mack Jones. I wonder if this is set in the Southern Hemisphere. Let me check... nope. Set in the Detroit and the title is the main character's name.

Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan. This has a one of our "Recommended By" bookmarks with Marilyn's name written on the mark.

On Turpentine Lane by Elinor Lipman. Something about a woman with a lame job an absent fiancee. I think hijinks and romance ensue. I am not sure.

'Recommended By' Bookmarks

I stole the idea from Oconomowoc Public Library. Those of you from outside Wisconsin can find the pronunciation guide here: http://misspronouncer.com/cities.html.  I created some images on canva.com then printed, cut and laminated.  I was putting my name on these and the books would just sit there. So, I just start putting fake names on there.










NonFiction

The CHEW Approved: the most popular recipes from The Chew Viewers. This show is on TV when I get home for lunch. I immediately turn the channel.  When Boy #1 was still 3 or 4-years-old I'd come home from lunch and I would watch truck racing on ESPN.

In the Company of Women: inspiration and advice from over 100 makers, artists, and entrepreneurs by Grace Bonney. Let's look for writers... aww, they are not grouped by profession. I'll do a brief scan of the names... nope, only poets.  "Only poets," what an accidental slight that was.

Legends of Pro Wrestling: 150 years of headlocks, body slams, and piledrivers by Tim Hornbaker.

Art in Detail: 100 masterpieces by Susie Hodge. A thick book with a whole bunch of photos.

No comments: