Friday, May 21, 2010

Gun Book, Glee CD, That Movie With Blue People

DVD

It's Complicated starring Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin, other old people. Old people have sex.

Edge of Darkness starring Mel Gibson. Angry father of dead daughter kills people.

Avatar starring Blue People. I still have not seen this.

Music on CD

Glee: the music, volume 3, showstoppers by [Singing Actors]. Bill Crider is still hoping for an ABBA themed episode. My wife likes this show a lot. I made sure to viciously mock the Madonna themed episode.

NonFiction

The Gun Digest Book of the AK and SKS by Patrick Sweeney. "A complete guide to guns, gear and ammunition." Once again I call bullshit on anything proclaiming to be a complete guide.

However, I do like this book. There is a lengthy piece on the Czech Vz. 58 which is neat rifle. I'd like to get one but CZ-USA's list price on the semi-auto version is $1015. That would still be about $800 out the door. At least I still have a PCR. Which reminds me, I need to look up my score from the shooting event this past Sunday. I started out lousy but improved on each stage.

Knitted Wire Jewelry by Samantha A. Lopez.

Beginners' Upholstery Techniques by David James.

Amulets and Talismans: simple techniques for creating meaningful jewelry by Robert Dancik.

Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance: 20 designs for Rowan for patchwork and quilting by [no editor listed].

Warman's U.S. Stamps Field Guide by Maurice D. Wozniak.

Warman's World Coins Field Guide by Arlyn G. Sieber.

Shooting Results

Dang It by Frustrated Library Director. The results are still not posted online.

No comments: