Thursday, September 02, 2010

Three AudioBooks on CD

AudioBooks on CD

Picasso Flop by Vince Van Patten and Robert J. Randisi. 5 CDs at 6.5 hours. Professional poker player Jimmy goes to prison and his wealthy cellmate strikes a deal to pay Jimmy to teach poker to the cell-mate's kid. Jimmy gets out of prison and things are working great with his acolyte when a competing player is murdered and the acolyte is under suspicion.

Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison. 15 CDs at 19 hours. Books with vampire/witch/bounty hunter/sex/werewolf/fairy characters still check out well. The audiobooks check out well, too. This should check-out well. Do you think this will check-out well? Why will this check-out well? Check-out well, check-out well, check-out well, check-out well.

Brutal Telling by Louise Penny. 11 CDs at 13 hours. Quebec's Chief Inspector Gamache returns to Three Pines, Quebec to investigate another murder. I read the first book in this series and then never got back to the sequels.

My Trip to Quebec by Gerard the Reminiscing. I went to Quebec on my honeymoon. I brought my wife along. I really enjoyed Montreal. The Botanical Gardens was really, really impressive. We had dinner at a nice place, ate smoked meat, had coffee, took the subway, visited Mount Royal Park. After the trip I would tell people, only half-jokingly, that we were going to move there. I used to go online looking at real estate ads and job openings, reading novels, and watching movies.

No comments: