Monday, December 16, 2013

Happy Marriage Divorce

NonFiction

Stop Fighting Over the Kids: resolving day-to-day custody conflict in divorce situations by Mike Mastracci.  I rarely buy books from email solicitations.  I bought this after reading positive reviews.

This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett.  "[Marriage as metaphor] Patchett has devoted her life to the people and ideals she loves the most."  Author photo has her in bookstore digging through boxes.

The Girl Who Sang to the Buffalo: a child, an elder, and the light from an ancient sky by Kent Nerburn.   Did I order this?  I have no idea what this is. 

A Reader's Book of Days: true tales from the lives and works of writers for every day of the year by Tom Nissley.  I ordered this, too?  No idea about this either.  Let me look... Snoopy wrote to Miss Helen Sweetstory on April 9, 1971.  In 2008, Will Heinrich said about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, "To call the dialogue wooden would be an insult to longbows and violins.  An yet, I had no trouble finishing the book - on the contrary, I raced through it, even while I disliked it, and myself for reading it."

Death of Santini: the story of a father and his son by pat Conroy.  If you read the book or saw the movie you know Conroy's fahter was a jerk-and-a-half.  Conroy's dad did not mind the result, he traveled with Conroy to book signings and was happy to sign autographs.  Here is something I just learned from the book, Pat Conroy has had some awful haircuts over the past 40 years.

Kaplan GED: 2014.  Brand spanking new study guide. 

Large Print

Command Authority by Tom Clancy.

Dust by Patricia Cornwell.

Innocence by Dean Koontz.

No comments: