Friday, November 21, 2014

A Bill Paxton Movie Plus Some Novels

DVD

Edge of Tomorrow starring Tom Cruise, Bill Paxton, Emily Blunt. I'd like to see this flick. I've seen three or four Tom Cruise movies over the past couple weeks and that guy takes his shirt off more than Matthew McConaughy.  Cruise is always running, too. I finished watched Mission Impossible: III last night (I thought it was a fun, comic book movie, nothing to take too seriously) and Cruise was sprint around a warehouse, on a bridge, to a hospital, in a parking lot, and in Shanghai.


Fiction

A New York Christmas by Anne Perry. A customer last week was telling me how she reads Christmas themed novels all year.

The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss. My wife really likes this dude's books. I think he lives up by Eau Claire. He's doing a signing at Madison Public Library and Room of One's Own on November 29th.

The Wolf in Winter by John Connolly. This Connolly is Irish. The other Connelly is from California.  This book is a thriller set in Maine.

The Burning Room by Michael Connelly. This Connelly is from California. The other Connolly is from Ireland. This book is not a thriller set in Maine.

Pegasus by Danielle Steel. Horse on the cover.

Prince Lestat by Anne Rice.Another vampire novel. I suppose vampire stories always sell. They don't don't seem to wear out their welcome like the zombie stories are. The slip cover says Rice lives in Palm Desert, CA. The temperature in Palm Desert is 57 right now. The temperature in Lake Mills is 21. Hah! I knew it was warmer out, my phone said 7 degrees just a bit ago.

The Handsome Man's De Luxe Cafe by Alexander McCall Smith. I'm not going to bother looking, I'll make up a plot. Handsome man running a small town cafe also has juggle multiple romantic relationships with married and unmarried women while keeping a look out for the reporter who plans to reveal the Handsome Man's his secret life as an international assassin.

No comments: