Saturday, December 20, 2014

Eight Amazing Shipwrecked Sisters Take Captive Dog

NonFiction

In Herriot's Shadow by Bill Stork, DVM. Lake Mills veterinarian writes neat stories about work. 

Eight Amazing Engineering Stories: using the elements to create extraordinary technologies by Bill Hammack, et al.  I ran across Hammack on YouTube and ordered the book. His videos are neat-o. But, without burrito.  Or, mosquito.  I like to eat Fritos. I would shoot Greedo.




Good Dog: true stories of love, loss and loyalty edited by David DiBenedetto and the editors of Garden and Gun.  My dog smells but she hates bathing and it's a real hassle to wash that dog in the winter. Includes stories by C.J. Chivers and Ace Atkins, I read books by those dudes.

Fiction

Red Moon by Benjamin Percy. I read this book, too. It made the 2014 notable list from the Wisconsin Library Association.

Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane by Kelly Harms. I thought we had a copy of this. This also made the notable list. I read it.

Large Print

Nantucket Sisters by Nancy Thayer. Go swimming?

Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde. No, get your own ride.

Destiny's Captive by Beverly Jenkins. Destiny as fate, or Destiny as a woman who is a kidnapper?

Deadline by John Sandford. Deadline like this?

Full Force and Effect by Mark Greaney. Very effy title.

The Firelight Girls by Kaya McLaren. Smell like smoke.

A Quilt Like Christmas by Sandra Dallas. Would be a bad gift for a child.

The Missing Place by Sophie Littlefield. Well, where did you see it last?

No comments: