Monday, August 17, 2015

Fiction A-M

Fiction

We Never Asked For Wings by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. That is two long name to type. She should change her name to M. M is easy to type.

House of Echoes by Brenda Duffy. I was watching a mid '80's Airplane rip-off last night entitled Call Me Sarge. Julia Duffy was in the film.  Dang, Julia Duffy is 64-years-old. I guess Newhart was quite a while ago.

Devil's Bridge by Linda Fairstein. Fairstein has a lot of loyal readers. Not me, though, I have not yet read one. Fairstein has a nice author photo and the selected image was taken at 4:20PM according to Fairstein's wristwatch.

The Wild Girl by Kate Forsyth. The cover has a lot of purple.  Forsyth is Australian. Did you know they write everything upside down in Australia?

Evergreen Falls by Kimberly Freeman. Hey, another Australian book. Freeman lives in Brisbane.

Lost in the Sun by Lisa Graff. You know who isn't Australian? That's right, Lisa Graff. She lives by Philadelphia.

Fool Me Once by Steve Hockensmith with Lisa Falco. Hockensmith authors the excellent Holmes on the Range detective series. I don't know anything about Falco, let's see...nothing much online. Maybe she uses a pen name.

The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman.  Hoffman? I cannot recall her famous titles. Let's check that...Fortune's Daughter did well, I think. So did Dovekeepers.

Silver Linings by Debbie Macomber.  I've seen a cover like this before. Handing lanterns with tea candles and photoshopped fireflies all over the place. What cover was that? Oh, it was the last Macomber, Last One Home.

Losing Me by Sue Margolis.  Novel about a woman about to turn 60.

Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon. I like the cover.  The cover has a gothic look, like an early '70s novel. McMahon lives in Vermont. I drove through Vermont once. Or, was that New Hampshire? Is there a difference?

Pretty Is by Maggie Mitchell. This cover also has a 1970s throwback style but with lots of green. Mitchell's author photo is black and white.  She lives in Georgia. Her acknowledgements thank the University of West Georgia's English Department. Acknowledgements is very difficult for me to spell.

No comments: