Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fiction N-Z

Fiction

Bull Mountain by Brian Panowich. What's left after a political speech. Panowich's first novel.  Crime novel with family drama, set in North Georgia. Unlike Panowich himself who is set in East Georgia.

Alert by James Patterson Amalgamated Text Supplies and Michael Ledwidge. Intimidated... scare... on edge... responsibility... wreaking havoc... shocking murder... biggest threat of all.

Among the Ten Thousand by Julia Pierpont.  Pierpont lives in New York and has a blurb by Megan Abbott. That's pretty cool, I consider Abbott to be a Big Deal.  Teen and pre-teen kids get package of printed emails detailing their father's secret life.  I kinda wish I had a secret life.


Something Rich and Strange by Ron Rash.  Short stories set in Appalachia. Let's get back on topic, let's talk about me. My family was at the Land's End warehouse sale over the weekend and I tried on a pseudo-trenchcoat.

Invasion of Privacy by Christopher Reich.  I told my kids I was a spy in East Berlin during the '80s.

Who Let the Dog Out? by David Rosenfelt. I told them I wore a was recruited as a teenager because the CIA needed people who would not arouse suspicion.

Medicine Walk by Richard Wagamese. I was captured by the Stasi but was almost immediately traded for another spy held in West Germany.

Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner. My cover was blown, of course, and I had to quit undercover work.

The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward. I then told them I also worked in Paris as an undercover cop, pretending to be a drug buyer.

Lure of the Moonflower by Lauren Willig. I can't remember if I came up with a reason for why that job didn't work out.

DVD

West Side Story starring [You know who]. You know the story.




Large Print


No comments: