Friday, September 09, 2016

More Fiction

Fiction

The Perfect Girl by Gilly Macmillan. Teen genius is giving an important recital. Teen genius also served three years for "incident that left three classmates dead". Macmillan lives in Bristol, UK. Is that on the water? I'll check... yeah, sort of. Bristol is set back from the water a bit.

Revenge in a Cold River by Anne Perry. William Monk solves more crimes in Victorian London.

Here I Am by Jonathan Safran Foer. Supposedly this is "a work of extraordinary scope and heartbreaking intimacy."  Foer lives in Brooklyn. I have no desire to visit New York City. Sure, I'd accept a free trip but there are many other places I would choose to go to over NYC. I'd like to check out Northern Michigan and that is only a few hours away by car.

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.  In 1922 a Count is sent into house arrest at a Moscow hotel by Bolsheviks. Towles lives in Manhattan and has a beard.

Large Print




No comments: