Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Fictional Stories

Fiction

Knife Creek by Paul Doiron. Main egame warden is killing feral hogs and finds a baby in a shallow grave. Doiron is a Registered Maine Guide. I remember reading that some people were upset with the Registered Guide testing process because it was a paper test with no skills test. That may have been 15 years ago that I read about that.

The Ultimatum by Karen Robards. Robards sells a lot of books. Here is something from page 154, "Doc shrugged."

The Switch by Joseph Finder. Some sort of thriller, I think. Probably a Spy Guy thing. Let's check... I was close. A guy picks up the wrong laptop at airport security and the new laptop is a Senator's and has classified info that is not supposed to be on there.

A House Among the Trees by Julia Glass. I like the cover.Glass lives in Marblehead, MA. I wonder where that is. Let's check...






The Little French Bistro by Nina George. There was a chain of coffee shops intended to look like French cafes. I'm not sure how many were ever established but they were kinda neat. Just about everything in the cafe was intended to be French. Furniture, signs, decor. They didn't just change the sign's font and sell croissants.





No comments: